If you require lead paint abatement Tampa FL services, you want to work with a professional company to get the job done. Inexperienced handling of lead paint increases the risk that you will endanger your family should they come in contact with the substance.
A professional lead paint abatement company will evaluate your situation and determine the best course of action to eliminate the danger. Before any work begins, you will be given a list of your options, recommendations for the safest procedures and an outline of the costs. This will allow you to work together to create the best plan for your home, eliminating any chemical dangers and eliminating costly measures.
Dangers of Lead Paint in Tampa Florida
Understanding the dangers associated with lead paint may help customers realize the urgency of dealing with this problem.
- Lead can be extremely toxic, causing danger for yourself and your family
- Children and pets that come into paint chips containing lead could accidentally ingest the substance, causing illness or injury
- Laws set by the EPA require testing and work to remove any substances that might contain hazardous materials from your home
If you are planning on selling your home in the near future or you will be expanding your family you will need to have these safety issues addressed. A professional abatement team can help you remove any hazardous materials from your home to ensure the safety of any that come to visit.
Evaluating Your Safety
The condition of your lead paint will have a significant impact on whether or not it is safe to leave it alone.
- Paint that is chipping or damaged has a significantly higher chance of causing injury
- Homes that frequently have small children visiting may opt to remove lead paint as a precaution
- If your residence has been flagged by the EPA, you will need to follow up with cleaning as soon as possible
If your paint is in good condition you may be able to buy some time while you set up a cleaning appointment. If your paint is showing signs of wear and tear you will need to start the cleaning process immediately to ensure that no one is hurt.
Lead Paint Removal Options
Your abatement team will help you determine which option is the most appropriate for your situation.
- Encapsulation will create a watertight seal over the lead paint to avoid contamination
- A professional team can strip your walls to remove the paint
- In serious cases, the team may remove surfaces filled with lead materials all together
Putting up new drywall or covering the surface with aluminum or vinyl can protect your family from the dangers of lead paint
If you ever remove the covering over the surface containing lead paint you will need to reevaluate your safety. Your abatement team will give you a list of instructions on what to do in the future if lead paint ever becomes a reoccurring issue.
If you would like a consultation on lead paint abatement Tampa FL for your home, call (813) 639-7578 to set up an appointment.