If you need to clean out a moldy room in your home so that the spores are unlikely to return, a mold removal Tampa company can definitely help. In warm, damp climates typical to the Tampa area, mold can grow and spread very easily. If you notice a mold problem starting to form in your home it is essential that you do what you can to eliminate it as quickly as possible.
Homeowners often clean surfaces that have gotten moldy themselves, but this will knock spores into the air, increasing the risk that the infestation will return or become worse. A professional mold removal company will be able to use tools and techniques that will eliminate these spores so you can trust your surfaces and air to be clean.
Using Cleaning Methods to Address Mold Removal
Many products can help kill mold spores so they will not spread further or return once our team leaves.
- Cleansers used should contain products that will kill the spores instead of simply mopping them away
- Only cleaning products containing disinfectants or biocides will help remove living spores from the area
- Talk with the mold removal company about any allergy issues that must be addressed before they start using cleansers in your home
Simply wiping down surfaces that contain mold spores will not be enough to eliminate the problem. You will need to have the area evaluated by a professional in order to determine how to prevent spores from re-attaching and growing once the surface is cleaned.
Protecting the Home from Contamination
Our team will take proactive steps to ensure that the mold does not spread to other areas of the home.
- Doorways and vents will often be sealed to prevent spores in the air from reaching other areas of the home
- Any water retention issues in the home will need to be addressed to prevent creating an ideal growing environment for mold
- Materials that are likely to become contaminated may need to be treated to avoid spores sticking to them
The measures which need to be taken to prevent your home from being contaminated with mold will depend on where the infestation has occurred. Your mold removal agent will give you a list of things you can do to help prevent mold from returning to your home after it is cleaned.
Removing Hazardous Materials
In some cases, materials must be removed from your home to ensure that you will be rid of the spores.
- Drywall, particularly brands covered in paper will typically be replaced if it has become infested with mold
- Fabrics, carpet and furniture which have mold may need to be replaced
- Bathrooms or kitchens may need to have the grout or caulk replaced
If you must have items in your home removed or replaced the crew can recommend options that will help you avoid this problem in the future. Many companies produce caulks, fabrics and drywall that resist mold spores, cutting down on the risk that spores will be able to grow in your home later.